The activities of the Textile Research Centre are being sponsored by a large number of individuals and funding organisations. Official grant-giving organisations that support the TRC include:
- Dr Hendrik Muller's Vaderlandsch Fonds: Purpose: Digital Catalogue TRC collection
- Cultuurfonds Leiden. : Financial assistance with attracting professional fund raiser (Charity Events Leiden)
- Fonds 1818 : Purpose: Spinning World exhibition
- Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds Zuid-Holland : Purpose: Cover Your Head Exhibition
- Cultuurfonds Leiden. Purpose: Leiden Textile Festival
- The Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Donation of professional, large scale photographs for the exhibition Well Dressed Afghanistan
- Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds Zuid-Holland. Purpose: Exhibition on Arab embroidery and production of accompanying publication
- Prins Claus Fund for Culture and Development. Purpose: Invitation of Indian textile artist for the Sari exhibition in the National Musuem of Ethnology, Leiden
- Van der Mandele Stichting. Purpose: Exhibition on footwear, Leiden cityhall (summer 2009)
- Cultuurfonds Leiden. Purpose: TRC new premises
- Fonds 1818. Purpose: TRC new premises
- Van Ommeren - de Voogt Stichting. Purpose: TRC new premises
- Fonds 1818. Purpose: Dutch Lace Cap exhibition
- Prins Bernard Cultuurfonds Zuid-Holland. Purpose: Dutch Lace Cap exhibition
The TRC would like to thank all of these groups for their generous support of TRC activities.
TRC in a nutshell
Hogewoerd 164, 2311 HW Leiden. Tel. +31 (0)71 5134144 / +31 (0)6 28830428 email@example.com
Opening times: Monday to Thursday: 10.00-16.00 hrs, other days by appointment.
Exhibition from 5 September until 30 January 2014: What is Embroidery? Entrance is free, but donations are welcome !nnnnnnnnWorkshop on preparing fibres before the spinning process. WWnnn
JanuaryFebruaryEvery WedEvery Wednesday and Thursday, from 14.00-15.30 hrs: guided tour of the Embroidery exhibition. Fees: 7.50 euros. Advance registration not necessary.
On Saturday, 21 December, the TRC will be open to visitors from 10.00 - 16.00 hrs.
The TRC is closed for the Christmas holidays from Monday 23 December. The TRC will open again on Monday 6th January.
- Newsletter Winter 2013-2014
- Newsletter Autumn 2013
- Newsletter Summer 2013
- Newsletter Spring 2013
- TRC Update winter 2013
- Annual Report 2012
- Newsletter Summer 2012
- Newsletter Spring 2012
- Annual Report 2011
- Special Newsletter November 2011
- Newsletter August-December 2011
- Annual Report 2010
FACEBOOK: click here