TRC intensive courses and special weekend workshops 2014
The Textile Research Centre regularly organises intensive courses and special weekend workshops for small groups of students (there is generally a maximum of eight) and others who are interested in various aspects of textiles and dress. The participants will use the large collection of textiles and dress of the TRC, plus other facilities (library, raw fibre collection spinning, dying and weaving equipment, monocular and stereoscopic microscopes, etc.). All courses are taught in English, unless otherwise agreed by all participants. The weekend workshops are in Dutch, unless otherwise agreed. The programme always starts at 09.00 o’clock in the morning, unless otherwise indicated, and runs until 17.00.
- Lecturer: The courses are given by Dr Gillian Vogelsang-Eastwood, director of the TRC, assisted by one or more TRC staff. Dr Vogelsang studied textile and costume history, followed by a PhD in archaeological textiles from the Roman period in Egypt (Manchester University). Dr. Vogelsang-Eastwood is a professional textile and dress historian with over 25 years experience in the field. She is also one of the editors of the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, and author of numerous books and articles in the field of Middle Eastern textiles and dress.
- Fees: Upon registration the TRC will send you an invoice for half of the costs (a non-returnable deposit), to be transferred not less than six weeks before the start of the course. The remainder can be paid on the first day of the programme.
- Location: TRC, Hogewoerd 164, 2311 HW Leiden, The Netherlands
Courses for 2014
Intensive textile Course
TRC in a nutshell
Hogewoerd 164, 2311 HW Leiden. Tel. +31 (0)71 5134144 / +31 (0)6 28830428 email@example.com
Opening times: Monday to Thursday: 10.00-16.00 hrs, other days by appointment.
Exhibition from 5 September until 30 January 2014: What is Embroidery? Entrance is free, but donations are welcome !nnnnnnnnWorkshop on preparing fibres before the spinning process. WWnnn
JanuaryFebruaryEvery WedEvery Wednesday and Thursday, from 14.00-15.30 hrs: guided tour of the Embroidery exhibition. Fees: 7.50 euros. Advance registration not necessary.
On Saturday, 21 December, the TRC will be open to visitors from 10.00 - 16.00 hrs.
The TRC is closed for the Christmas holidays from Monday 23 December. The TRC will open again on Monday 6th January.
- Newsletter Winter 2013-2014
- Newsletter Autumn 2013
- Newsletter Summer 2013
- Newsletter Spring 2013
- TRC Update winter 2013
- Annual Report 2012
- Newsletter Summer 2012
- Newsletter Spring 2012
- Annual Report 2011
- Special Newsletter November 2011
- Newsletter August-December 2011
- Annual Report 2010
FACEBOOK: click here