Quilt Top

The top layer of a quilt is often made of identical or diverse series of design blocks. These blocks are made separately and then sewn together.

This type of work comes under the general heading of patchwork. Blocks may be separated by plain material strips (‘sashing’) and the central design may be small (‘medallion’) or the dominant element. The edge around the quilt top is called the ‘border'. The ‘border corners’ are where the transverse and longitudinal edges join together.

SA and GVE

Last modified on Friday, 19 May 2017 18:12